Are you certain that taking care of your skin just means using the right beauty products and a proper skincare routine?
Taking care of your skin is a gesture of love towards yourselves and does not depend solely on what you apply to our face and body.
What you eat, drink and do with your body has a major impact on the health of your skin. Ready to get started?
Here are some exceptional tips to take care of your skin in the best possible way!.
1 — MASSAGE
Many of us go to gyms, run, swim and take care of our body to keep it toned, strong and flexible, but what about the face? We often tend not to consider that even the skin of the face needs exercise. But how? Using simple tools such as a face roller, a gua-sha stone or simply massaging the face with movements from the bottom up while applying the creams, you will have numerous benefits.
- Fights the signs of aging, reducing and preventing expression lines.
- Stimulates blood circulation and the lymphatic system.
- Drain excess fluids.
- Reduces dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Relieves micro contractures and tensions in the facial muscles.
- Brightens the complexion, making it more homogeneous.
2 — WATER
I know, all of you surely know that drinking is essential for skin health, but it is always better to remember it and never forget it. Many skin disorders, such as dehydration, clogged pores, dull and inelastic skin, redness and cracking, start from within. The best way to improve these problems is to act from the inside, thanks to the most important resource that the Planet Earth it provides us with: water.
Why is it so important?
- It has a purifying action and eliminates excess toxins, preventing pimples and acne.
- Keeps the skin younger for longer as the hyaluronic acid inside the skin retains water and makes it more radiant, hydrated and supple.
- Thanks to the mineral salts and trace elements present in the water, the skin does not dehydrate and crack and become less sensitive to climate changes and more aggressive products.
How much water to drink?
The best way to benefit from all the properties contained in water is to drink a lukewarm glass (with the addition of lemon juice) in the morning when you wake up and another 8 full glasses during the rest of the day. If you are very busy people with high rhythms, help yourself with an alarm clock or application on your mobile that will warn you to drink during the day.
3 — NUTRITION
Proper nutrition is the key to success for healthy and beautiful skin !. The hectic pace, stress, work from home can lead to finding refuge in junk foods, compromising the condition of your skin. It is important to pay attention to breakouts to understand if you are prone to food related acne. If so, you can try the Whole30 diet, a 30-day meal plan that consists of eating healthy, natural products that have not lost their nutritional value.
- Better foods for your skin - Avocado, Green Tea, salmon, dried fruit, Broccoli, carrots, red fruits, citrus fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Foods to avoid - Carbonated drinks, too sugary foods, fried foods and foods with too many preservatives and animal fats.
But remember that life must be lived, and always depriving yourself of some foods that make you feel good can be very stressful. Occasionally treat yourself to your chocolate, your favorite dessert, a nice pizza or a glass of wine. The mood also wants its part !. You can always compensate by drinking lots of water or pampering yourself with some face mask (the turmeric-based one is excellent!).
4 — STRESS
Ahh, the stress! The biggest enemy of the skin and one of the main factors of skin aging!. Stress increases the level of cortisol in the blood, and this can lead to various health problems for your skin. Unfortunately, trying to eliminate stress is a time-consuming process and the results are not noticeable from today to tomorrow. But with a little patience, you will see what changes there will be in your skin, body, and spirit.
What can be done to lower stress for healthier, younger and more radiant skin?
- Practice meditation and mindfulness to focus on the breath, bring oxygen to the tissues and clear the mind of all negative and toxic situations.
- Walk in the open air and connect with the Earth and with yourself.
- Take some time each day to take care of yourself with a nice warm bath, a mask, a good book, a walk with the dog…. In short, do something that makes you feel good, so your serotonin level (good mood hormone) will increase and this will also affect your skin :).
- A good and refreshing beauty sleep !. Trying to sleep for 7/8 hours every night is a real panacea for the skin that appears less dull, but younger and more elastic. Remember that beauty products used during the night have a very high nutritional power, as they act when the skin is not stressed.
It takes time to fight stress, but these little tips, introduced into your daily routine, will help you feel good both inside and out. Trying is believing!.
5 — EXERCISE
How many of you go to the gym, do squats, sit-ups, leg, and arm exercises and forget to exercise your facial muscles as well? Using a good firming cream for the face is definitely essential, but what if there was a cheaper way to firm the muscles of the face?
I'm talking about facial yoga, a series of exercises that you can practice comfortably sitting on the sofa, in the car, while you work and that guarantee skin tone, prevention of wrinkles and fine lines and greater compactness and brightness. Are you curious? I recommend you to check out our previous posts to find simple exercises you can do anywhere!.
In addition to these simple and quick exercises, I want to tell you which are the sports that, without knowing it, are also perfect for the skin on your face.
- Running - Extraordinary detox effect thanks to sweating, increases cellular oxygenation, produces endorphins and stimulates the production of collagen.
- Dance - Dancing reduces stress, oxygenates the tissues and has a powerful anti-aging effect.
- Yoga - Breathing and relaxation exercises, help to eliminate the stress, relax the muscles, and stimulate blood circulation. Yoga also helps promote digestion, preventing the formation of skin imperfections.
I hope I have been useful to you with this article and have made you understand that the health of your skin does not only depend on the products you apply, but also on your lifestyle and your habits. Learn to love take care of yourself, I'm sure your skin will thank you!.
See you soon. ; )